|Born||November 14, 1962|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, US|
|Genres||Heavy metal, gothic metal, doom metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, record producer, paramedic|
|Labels||Roadrunner, SPV America|
|Associated acts||Type O Negative, Fallout, Original Sin|
Josh Silver (born November 14, 1962) is the former keyboardist, producer and backing vocalist of the gothic metal band Type O Negative. He joined the band at frontman Peter Steele's request. He played for Type O Negative until they disbanded due to Steele's death on April 14, 2010.
Silver, who is Jewish, was also a founding member of the short-lived rock group Fallout along with Steele. Fallout gave birth to Carnivore which ultimately led to Type O Negative. After the breakup of Fallout, Silver formed hard rock band Original Sin.
Silver was first introduced to professional recording and production upon meeting and working with producer and Soundscape Recording Studio owner Richard Termini. Fallout's earliest recordings trace back to the Termini Soundscape sessions from the late 1970s.
After the death of Type O Negative frontman Peter Steele, Silver became a certified EMT and then paramedic in New York, as stated by Silver, for over a year this had been his "plan B" to support his wife and children. Assuming at the time that the band was finished, Silver had begun EMT schooling during Steele's 2008 hiatus. Steele was even quoted as saying, "I wouldn't wait on me either- I don't blame Josh one bit!" Silver still holds his Paramedic position with the New York City Fire Department.
- "AmIAnnoying.com about Josh Silver". www.amiannoying.com. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Metal Jew: Great Josh Silver interview". Kkahnharris.typepad.com. February 27, 2008. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- Benarde, Scott R. (2003). Stars of David: rock'n'roll's Jewish ... – Google Books. ISBN 9781584653035. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- Ware, Tony (April 19, 2007). "Morbid Obsessions – Page 1 – Music – Orange County". OC Weekly. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- "VH1 Classic Takes Passover on the Road to Las Vegas With 'Matzo and Metal II: Back to the Desert' Premiering on Thursday, April 13 at 10 p.m./ET and 7 p.m./PT. | Goliath Business News". Goliath.ecnext.com. April 10, 2006. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- Interview with Silver at Websatorna (12 mins., 30 secs.)
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a United States keyboardist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|